Sunday 1 January 2012

BOOK LOVERS, AHOY!

First of all, i would like to wish all those reading this post A SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALODOCIOUS NEW YEAR! =D Just in case you didn't know, that's one of the most catchiest songs EVER. =D Well, getting back to the topic. What is it about these books, that enchant book worms like me and the rest in the world? I'll tell you what it is, it's the smell of the pages; a faint smell which elevates my senses, it's the rustle of the pages; a sound so crisp, yet so soft, it's the feel of my fingers on the smooth cover of the book, and the touch of my fingers on the pages. It may all sound so poetic, but ask a book lover, and they'll tell you what i said above, along with an additional detail or two. Book lovers or book worms, how do you identify them? They are the ones that always(well, most of the times) carry a book around in their bags, and as soon as they get a place where they can seat themselves, you'll find them lost in the book, oblivious to their surroundings. They're the ones that have that intense look on their faces while reading, because they're already a spectator in the book's story, watching the life spinning around the characters. Have you ever noticed someone, anyone in a crowd, suddenly laughing out loud, with a book clutched in their hand? Yes, that's the book lover you just spotted. They have a smile on their faces, when they read something amusing or heart warming, they're the ones whom you'll find dabbling away a tear or two when something tragic happens to the characters, they're the ones who'll brood when the story was just deeply disturbing, or the story has come to an end. The ones who'll incessantly talk about books to anyone who'll listen to what they have to say, with sparkling eyes and a wide smile. The ones who'll be lost in the world of stories, but who still keep themselves rooted in reality. The ones who can amuse you to no ends with their own imaginations and creativity they acquired through reading the numerous they have lived and loved. The ones who will suddenly go a little quiet, and when you inquire about their silence, you'll find out that they've been thinking about something they've just read, or they're just building up stories of their own. And DEFINITELY the ones who sometimes talk to themselves(well, i guess that's just me). I could go on and on about book lovers, but i leave the experience of meeting a book lover to you, and see how the world around you transforms itself. =]

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    This is just wow. I had this wide smile on my face while reading this. You are suchagoodwriter. Staythisway!! :)
    And I relate to everything. I hate leaving home without a book in my bag. Sometimes even in the company of my bestest friends, I find solace in taking out the book from my bag and diving into a world entirely different from my word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaaaaanks for the compliment! =] And i relate a lot too! All book lovers do! =D

    ReplyDelete