Sunday 21 August 2011

Has a cat ever talked to you? And laughed at you?

So hello. I'am new to the blogging world. I am writing today about this situation i encountered in 2008, when i was studying in 10th standard. Well, it was just another day after school, when i was trudging back home, all exhausted because of all that cramming of math and science (read bullsh*t) into my poor, poor head. And i was coming back home with a friend. We were galloping along all innocent in a particular street, and laughing about some long-forgotten joke. When i reached the end of the street, i saw a white cat with black patches. It was meowing piteously. I went closer to it. And it looked at me. And i looked at it. It was a staring competition. There was total silence. And then, the cat meowed at me for a whole minute. I was nodding my head, trying to understand what it was trying to tell me. This went on for a full two minutes. And then, my friend came close to me, and said: "What the hell are you nodding there at the cat for?", and i told her that i was trying to connect with the cat and then, she dragged me away. The cat was staring at me forlornly (or maybe i assumed it so). And then, after i reached home, i refreshed myself, and decide to go cycling for a while, to soothe my jangled nerves. I went to the cycle shed and took my cycle out and just when i was about to sit on the cycle seat, the cycle just collapsed. When i bent to pick it up, i saw two cats laughing at me. LAUGHING. I fled from the scene, wondering why cats were choosing that particular day to somehow weird    me out. When i told my mom about this, she just laughed at me, and told me that i always have had a vivid imagination. Even till now, she doesn't believe me. I hope someone out there does. 

7 comments: